With spring in the air, it is time to start finalizing plans to ensure your attendance at the most important annual GDSN community gathering, GS1 Connect 2017. The focus of this event is for industry leaders to learn how to better meet today’s business challenges and position their organizations to unlock tomorrow’s opportunities. Over this three-day window (June 19-22), attendees will discuss industry best practices, collaborate to improve business processes and strengthen their professional networks to drive innovation and growth.
Held this year at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, GS1 Connect 2017 offers live educational programs and interactive exhibits, as well as industry-specific and cross-industry conference sessions—all designed to showcase the benefits of leveraging GS1 Standards for full supply chain visibility.
While GS1 maintains its focus on global standards, learning how to optimize the systems currently used by your company and aligning with your strategic partner’s product direction is equally as important. To ensure these goals are met, please be sure to register for both the LANSA User Group Meeting on June 19th at 10:00 AM followed immediately by the 1WorldSync User Group Meeting.
Some of the topics the LANSA User Group will be addressing are:
- The most efficient path to meet the pending November 2017 GDSN changes
- Leveraging 1WorldSync Catalog1 for non GDSN syndication
- New capabilities including stronger digital asset support and a connector to BLUE Software
- Community goals for 2017 and beyond
The market is currently at a tipping point for item data: consumer expectations for real-time access to valid, robust and up-to-date item information has become mandatory to secure and retain customers; a growing list of government regulatory agencies are requiring item attribution be provided for products to be sold in their regions (FDA UDI, EU1169, NHS, etc.) and distributors/retailers (virtual and/or physical) with the most complete item data sets and efficient supply chains are dominating the market.
Here is some recent feedback from our partner, 1WorldSync, that describes the reasons behind the critical change:
- Shoppers will start and end their purchase journey in different places.It’s a fact. Brands and retailers alike must make their cross-channel commerce capabilities and content in those channels consistent, authentic and engaging.
- Content is global, distribution is local. Content is not “one-size-fits-all;” yet, brand reputation, recognition and market position must be consistent globally. However, consumers around the world consume that information differently – it must be tailored for local markets. Product content strategies are following global commerce strategies and no longer siloed within channels.
GS1 Connect is one of the few industry events designed to educate attendees on what approaches are working for category leaders and how you can model their processes. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas to share experiences and learnings to help enable you and your organization operate more efficiently.