It’s been a busy year at LANSA! Since the acquisition, we’ve been laser-focused on learning each other’s businesses, diligently working through integrating our teams and processes to become more efficient and best of all, having fun getting to know one another. What excites me the most is the number of new opportunities we’ve uncovered to grow the business. As a result, we’re delivering better competitive products that are helping our customers become more innovative and successful.
Continuous Product Releases
From a product development standpoint, we’ve delivered LANSA Composer v7.0 and aXes 4.2.0 in addition to many other product enhancements. In this updated version of LANSA Composer, several new improvements make it even easier for customers to transport data, transform data, orchestrate and administer their business processes.
Some key features include:
- Modern UI – The user interface has been redesigned to take advantage of ribbon-style tabs. It contains all the same functions, but they’re now more easily accessed.
- SMB Protocol – The Server Message Block (SMB) Configuration allows you to save and store connections to be used for SMB Connections during processing.
- Database Connection Helper – The database connection helper will speed up the input of your database connection details as you won’t have to worry about the syntax. (Supported database types: sfDB2, MSSQLS, MySQL and Oracle).
- EDI Staging Table Creation Helper – The EDI Staging Table Creation Tool allows for the creation of staging tables to be based on information from the SEF file (Standard Exchange Format) and Altova Mapforce’s EDI Definitions.
Taking IBM i Modernization to New Levels
aXes 4.2.0 takes IBM i modernization to a new level and includes an improved HTTP web server for faster performance, as well as numerous design and security enhancements that allow IBM i customers to more easily web-enable their existing applications.
New features include:
- Material Design Controls and Themes – provides developers the option to display applications using Material Design controls as well as Material Design style themes for use with their applications.
- Choreographer Feature – allows developers to record screen navigation and keystrokes and replay recordings by embedding them in controls such as push buttons to help users navigate automatically to the destination screen.
- Reporting Function – encompasses all customized screens and application settings. For each customized screen, the report will detail all elements and all extensions with their respective settings.
- Upgraded aXes Terminal Server – includes numerous security enhancements and a 15% boost in performance.
Did you know you can try aXes for free?
The Future is Bright
Our top priority has been, and will always be, providing the very best products and services to thousands of customers worldwide. As a result, we’ve structured our product roadmap to be driven by four key objectives – Ease of Use and Developer Productivity, Modern Responsive Applications, Application Modernization, and Application Integration – that ultimately make it easier for our customers to build modern, integrated web and mobile applications that improve productivity and deliver company-wide innovation.
Soon, you’ll also see a completely re-vamped website architected to provide tailored information early in the process for anyone looking to learn more about LANSA.
All these enhancements to our products continue to move the LANSA platform forward, enabling our customers and partners to build enterprise applications faster, easier and at a lower cost.